11.24.2013

we interrupt our regularly-scheduled post to bring you... well, torque's supposed to be having surgery tomorrow.

more often then not, you can look forward to a studio sunday post on monday morning... this weekend, though, I got a little side-tracked spending time with the husky. i'm dropping him off in the morning for one final test - a contrast xray - and exploratory abdominal surgery.

the vet said that they'll keep him overnight for one, if not two, nights - and then it's going to be a very long two weeks taking care of him as he recovers because he's going to be stuck in the house with us - definitely not his favorite place to be. there's no doubt that he's a husky. lol...

as it stands right now, there's a page half-finished on my desk for our christmas story album. hoping to get a mixed media & art journaling monday post up late tomorrow night and, maybe, finish that other page up wednesday.

for anyone that's curious, they're expecting to find an ectopic ureter - there's about a 60-75% chance of surgery alone fixing it - that's the goal, but if that doesn't do it, there's a medication he can take that raises the odds to 90%. either way, here's to hoping for a cure...

i'm not going to get too terribly far into detail on here, but if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or even email me: cristi.aston@live.com.

and because this post is useless without pictures, here's a few from throughout the six or so months since we adopted him.



 






ok, blogger has been acting weird lately if i try to upload multiple pictures and resize them - not sure why. sorry about that!

the sad part? not one of these pictures has been scrapbooked yet. oh, there's always so many things to do. lol...

have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. I hope he does well. I know it is very stressful when we have to send our furry friends for surgery so I am sending hugs your way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that the surgery will work and that he recovers quickly from the procedure! Oh, and those pictures will be lovely to scrapbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness!! I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's beautiful. I hope everything will go well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's beautiful, I hope everything goes well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, my heart goes out to you... my furkids are my babies, so I know how quickly and deeply a bond forms. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

hi! thanks for visiting dysfunctionally-functional and thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here by leaving a comment. it's always greatly appreciated!